Old Bang Phli Market
One of the oldest markets in Thailand that is still operating is the Bang Phli Riverside Market (ตลาดโบราณบางพลี) in Samut Prakan. It was first started by Chinese traders back in the 1850’s. This now makes it older than 150 years. The original name for the market is “Talad Siri Sopon”. It is situated along the Samrong Canal which used to be a major trading route between the Chao Phraya River and Chachoengsao.